To place an order through the NWPS website you will require a User ID and password which can be obtained by clicking on the register now option on our homepage or contacting 0191 3016777 / 0191 3016497.
Enter the website
Log in with your allocated user name and password – if you forget your user name or password you can contact the team on 0870 241 7408 for help.
Address confirmation and input reference
Input the property address using the address search or manual entry if the address isn′t recognised. Property Solutions is able to validate the address from property number and postcode if applicable. Input your unique client reference and if you would like to upload a plan.
NWPS offer a wide range of conveyancing searches for both residential and commercial properties nationwide which you select at this point, for a full list of searches please visit the services page of the website.
After submitting the order the details will appear in a printer friendly format. As well as this you will be issued with a unique reference number in case you need to contact us to cancel the searches or for any other reason relating to the matter.
When placing orders online you have the added benefit of not having to pay immediately for searches. Instead we will send an invoice and itemised bill for all the searches ordered in the previous calendar month.
Receiving your requests
Once you have placed your order through our website the request is received by us within 30 seconds of you receiving your confirmation. We will begin to process the request on the same day and if we require further information such as a plan or clarification of the property address we will contact you by phone or e-mail. Once the request has been processed all reports will be uploaded onto our website for you to log in and download, if required searches can be posted out via the DX or Royal Mail.
We aim to provide a high standard of service and value your feedback. However, should you need to contact us to make a complaint please direct your comments to
Property Solutions Manager
Northumbrian Water Property Solutions
DX 717042 Durham 21.
Or Email us email@example.com
Telephone number: 0870 2417 408
As a minimum standard Northumbrian Water Property Solutions will:
- Listen to you and endeavour to resolve any telephone complaint at the time of your call
- If sent in writing we will acknowledge this to you in writing within 5 working days from receipt
- Where possible your complaint will be responded and dealt with in full within 10 working days
- On occasions if it is a complex issue requiring more investigation time, we will still get back to you within 10 working days and notify you of progress and update you with new timescales.
- If we fail to contact you within 10 working days of your initial complaint, or fail to comply to our complaints procedure you are entitled to £10 compensation.
If your complaint is found to be justified, or we have made any substantive errors that change the outcome in your search result, we will:
- apologise for the mistakes made
- automatically refund your search fee
- provide you with a revised search and
also undertake the necessary action within our control, to put things right as soon as practically possible.
If you are not happy with our initial response please let us know in writing via email or by letter explaining the reasons why you are not satisfied and what action you would like us to take and we will refer the matter to Senior Manager/ Company Director. If you are still not satisfied then you can refer the issue to The Property Ombudsman of which we will co-operate fully. Contact details:
The Property Ombudsman
43-55 Milford Street
Tel: 01722 333306